Tuesday 9 September 2014

Self Representation

UK Tribes-
I personally think that the tribes that I would be part of are 'Get Paid Crew', 'Tumblr Kids' and 'Townies'.
I think that I would be part of the 'Get Paid Crew' tribe because of my drive to be successful. I think that I have enough determination to get where I want to get in life and to have the job that I would like to have. However, I do belong fully to this tribe as I do not come from a disadvantaged background, my drives comes from not wanting to be middle-aged and having a job where I am not happy and wake up everyday not wanting to go to work.

I think also think that I am park of the 'Tumblr Kids' tribe as I do like Tumblr and I do enjoy sharing and looking at pictures and post that are on there. I like the range of things that are on Tumblr and I like how it is made so that you are able to post anything like a picture, writing, video, ect. However, I am not fully addicted to Tumblr and do not post my whole life on there so I do not believe I fully belong to this tribe either.

Lastly, I think that I may belong to 'Townies' because this tribe is the tribe that is classed as 'normal' and just go with the flow. I do not feel like I have a 'different' fashion sense and I like the music that is in the charts. I do consider myself as 'mainstream' because I do not have a urge to be different and dress in an interesting way. I do enjoy watching reality TV and music competitions. However, the only thing that is different is the fact that I do not smoke.

Media Figures-
I personally do not think that I am like any media figures. I think this because not only do we not know them personally but I also believe that  they may be different to the personality that they make themselves out to be. Not many people really know the daily lives of people who are in the public eye and that's why I believe that that I can't compare myself to any of them. I think the people who show most of themselves in the media are the youtubers that make a video of their lives everyday but even then they may be a completely different person to the people they portray in their videos. For these reasons, I do not think that I am similar to any media figures and I don'y feel like i am able to compare myself to them.

Copying Media Figures- 
I do not feel like I consciously copy or want to be like any media figures. By this I mean the way that I dress or my appearance. However, if I had to say that I copy media figures in any way it would be the way that 
they act. I think that I may try and be like some media figures if they have done something inspirational or if they come across as a nice person and are kind to people. One celebrity like this is Jim Cummings, who is the voice of Winnie the Pooh. Winnie the Pooh is popular children's icon and they love to watch the programme. Jim phones sick children pretending to be Winnie. This small act can mean to much to that one little child who is going through a lot and can make them smile and a can make them a little bit happier. Another example is JK Rowling who, before the release of her fourth book, wrote the ending a year early for a girl named Natalie McDonald who was 

suffering with Leukemia. JK Rowling then named a character after Natalie and included her in the novels. I think that these small acts of kindness is something that I try to be like rather than how I dress or look.  I personally believe that looking up to people who do small, kind things is important and can make you a better person. I don't copy what they do because they all have the things that they are famous for that mean a lot to certain people.I just think that if I in any way can brighten up someones day or do something that may not be a lot to me but a lot to someone else then I should do it.

1 comment:

  1. Really fab work, Quinn. It's interesting to see that you'd rather represent yourself through deeds rather than through more visual cues and (possibly) materialistic views. Well done.

    ReplyDelete